Head south of the border in the comfort of your own home with one of the most delicious meals you’re likely to find in North America: Mexican street tacos.
The term “taco” came sometime around the 18th century when a “taco” was a word used to describe a type of dynamite contraption used in Mexican silver mines, for which strips of paper were wrapped tightly around measured amounts of gunpowder. Seeing a similarity between this and the tortilla wraps around its contents, BOOM the term was coined and we never looked back!
Ocean Blue made famous its interpretation of Mexican Street Tacos by stuffing it with fresh fried cod, cilantro, cotija cheese, pickled onions, and a tangy chipotle aioli. Make your next taco night the best one yet!
Here’s how we do it!
1. Upon arrival, place the items in the refrigerator or freezer
2. Preheat your convection oven to 425°F (You may also use an air fryer or toaster oven. Adjust accordingly)
3. Place the battered fish on a non-stick tray or spray with non-stick spray and bake for 5 minutes. Flip the fish carefully half way through with a spatula and continue to cook for another 5 minutes
4. Make a cut in the package and heat flour tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds, or using a non-stick sauté pan and heat until just lightly browned. Set aside
5. Lay out your warmed tortillas on dinner plates individually or stacked to be served family style
6. Drizzle chipotle aioli on each tortilla. Drizzling the chipotle aioli on the tortilla first will help to keep your fish and other toppings from sliding around
7. Next, place one cooked fish piece on top of each dressed tortilla
8. Top with cotija cheese, jalapeños, red onion and radishes to your liking
9. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the composed tacos and squeeeeeze the fresh lime wedges onto each taco before serving. The squeezed citrus completes the flavor of the taco.
10. Enjoy your Lovable Street Tacos
Get Your Street Taco Kit Here